Tuesday, February 22, 2011

29

Last Friday at 7:50 am I began the first day of the last year of my twenties.
I'm Ok with that.

It was a wonderful birthday weekend because I got to enjoy not only a lot of wonderful food but also because I got to be with so many of my favorite people!

Believe it or not I have no pictures to share but here is what we did in words:

Friday Night:
had a local cheese & local pork plate with wine at Lincoln Wine Bar in Mt. Vernon
had 2 small plates and wine at Zins in downtown Cedar Rapids
had another cheese plate at Daniel Arthur's in Cedar Rapids (our go-to celebration spot) while listening to the sweet ballads of a Norah Jones-esque live musician

Saturday:
had brunch & bottomless mimosas (yay!) with Mom, Dad, Jason and the boys at Granite City where Cale presented me with an awesome built-all-by-himself gift
strolled and browsed downtown Iowa City shops with Mom and Dad
enjoyed refreshing drinks at Java House
had amazing seats for the Iowa vs. Michigan basketball game at Carver
met friends for sushi & drinks at Takanami in Iowa City
hung out with Kay, Tom & the dogs (Angus and Xena) at our house

Sunday:
Absolutely nothing. Perfect!

No comments: