Monday, June 29, 2015

Thoughts on the past 2 weeks

It has been a remarkably hard time for myself but more so for my loved ones and their loved ones over the past few weeks. I have never seen such pain on the faces of people I love and that has been very hard. Without going into too much detail, I thought I could record my thoughts on 3 things that have become abundantly clear to me over the past weeks, and hopefully I can use this for future reflection if needed.  

1. I am overwhelmed and amazed by the RESILIENCE of those who have Jesus as their foundation in the midst of crisis and unfathomable sadness. I credit it to God alone.  

2. I have found that a foundation of religion and ritual rather than 'spirituality' has been what I fall back on when grieving. I am thankful that I have a mind that does not always need answers, I am OK with the fact that God's universe is beyond my comprehension. 

3. Blessings are everywhere. 

2 comments:

Megan F said...

No words, just prayers and loving thoughts coming from our family to yours.

lrw said...

thank you Megan, I will pass them on!