Monday, April 25, 2016

A Once in a Lifetime Easter Birthday - Ruthie turns 3!

Ruthie had the blessing this year to celebrate her 3rd birthday and Easter on the same day! This won't happen again until she's 200 something (thanks Wikipedia) so I think it is safe to say it was a once in a lifetime chance which we fully embraced! 

This little girl is 3 years old!

We had a full on Easter themed birthday party complete with Peeps cake, Easter cookies, Easter egg truffles, Peep S'Mores, carrot cake cupcakes and candy galore! I may have gone a bit overboard on the sweets- oops! Not sorry :) 



As I've reminisced in recent posts this last year was quite awesome with many milestones and accomplishments, so much growing up! From toddler to little girl, from crib to big bed, diapers to potty trained, pacifiers to none, attitude to more attitude and opinions on everything! She's the puzzle master, loves trains, books, the library, playing at any and all playgrounds. Loves to eat and help in the kitchen- especially smoothies! 

I'm so blessed to get the one on one time with Ruthie that I do get and this year is bittersweet as in a few short months she won't be the sole child in my universe anymore. She will always have a special place in my heart as the little baby girl who made me a mother and continues to teach me more about myself than she'll ever know. 

Love you my 3 year old sweetie! 


No comments: